Friday 18 May 2012

What is an atheist ?

An atheist is a person that does not believe in the existence of any God or gods.
That’s it!
What is an agnostic?
An agnostic is a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known at the existence or nature of God.
The two are not mutually exclusive, you could be an agnostic atheist, this means that you think the existence of god is unknowable, so don’t believe in the existence of god without proof. Atheism is about belief, Agnosticism is about proof .
I guess I would call myself an agnostic atheist as I would change my view if there was ever to be any proof of God, but as there has never been any proof or evidence of God I believe it is reasonable to say that there probably is no God. I would also go as far as to say that if a God was ever proved that I hope it isn’t the god as portrayed in the Bible. With all the jealousy, genocide, murdering, child killing and misogyny the world would be a much worse place.

No comments:

Post a Comment