Tuesday 15 May 2012

A little about me

  • 4th Dan Black Sash, Northern Shaolin Chang Chuen Shu 
  • BCCMA Level 2 Coaching Qualification

My Biography:
I started training in martial arts in 1983 when I was 16 years old. After two years of trying other classes I started training with Sifu Chris Ellerker, who helped me to reach my Black belt in 1988 and to become a member of the British Wu Shu Team competing in the Tai Chi category in the 1990 Wu Shu World Championships held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.  Since then I have competed in many national and international competitions in Tai Chi and traditional hand forms.
Some of the achievements I have obtained while competing are:
  • Gold (Traditional TaiChiQuan Hand Form) BCCMA Southern Regional Champs
  • Silver (Tui Shou Push Hands) BCCMA Southern Regional Champs
  • Bronze (Northern Hand Form) BCCMA National Champs
  • Bronze (Tai Chi Open Hand) BCCMA International & Invitational Champs
After much hard work and many years I reach my 4th Dan Black Sash (Northern Shaolin Chang Chuen Shu) in 2010.
I continue to train with Chris Ellerker and at Kixx Martial Arts Gym  with my good friend Nigel Gillham

Styles of Martial Arts:
  • Northern Shaolin Chang Chuen Shu (KIXX Chinese Boxing)
  • Southern Shaolin Wuzuquan (5 Ancestors Fist)
  • Modern Beijing Style Tai Chi 24, 42, 48 Hand Forms
  • Yang style Tai Chi traditional 88 hand Form
  • Southern Shaolin Wujiquan

No comments:

Post a Comment